$ 75 for a 1.5-2 hour session
With over 9 years of experience as a birth doula in the Vancouver area, Jill has assisted hundreds of families in planning the birth of their babies.
A private birth planning session takes approximately 1.5-2 hours, and can cover a wide variety of topics and provide resources that are tailored to meet your needs and stage of pregnancy:
– models of care and choice in care providers
– birth place options (different hospitals, home vs. hospital). Jill has a lot of personal experience with all forms of care providers at Lions Gate, St. Paul’s, BC Women’s, Burnaby, and home.
– comfort measures for pregnancy and postpartum discomfort, birth
– forming your team
– options for medical and non-medical pain relief, and the best time to utilize them
– planning and preferences for medical intervention scenarios / changes in birth wishes
– planning for breastfeeding and postpartum
– referrals for complementary health practitioners
– answering questions, addressing fears, and anything else that is on your mind
The fee for this service can be applied to a birth doula services package with Jill.